We are a community based group that includes people of faith and those who are secular. We are dedicated to organizing and participating in activities and educational events that advance justice and compliance with international law in Palestine-Israel. We advocate for Palestinian human rights and look for ways to amplify the voices Palestinians. We condemn all acts of violence, whether done by states, individuals, or groups.
Friends of Sabeel – Sacramento Region is part of Friends of Sabeel – North America (FOSNA). We support the mission of FOSNA which is to promote awareness and understanding of the conflict between the Palestinians and the State of Israel through educational programs for North American Christians and other faith groups.
Friends of Sabeel – Sacramento Region supports:
- The call of Kairos Palestine to end Palestinian suffering.
- An end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem in accordance with international law and United Nations resolutions.
- Equal rights and access to resources for all inhabitants of the region, based on principals of social, economic, environmental and political justice and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The right of return of Palestinian refugees in accordance with international law and human rights principles.
- An end to policies of the United States government that support and perpetuate Israel’s occupation of Palestine and violation of Palestinians’ human rights.
- Active engagement in the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions.